Easylist & Chrome built-in Adblock countermeasure
Starting from version 76 of the Google Chrome browser will update its ad-blocking algorithms:
1. Built-In adblocker that blocks any scripts that don't comply with Better Ads Standards.
2. Easylist integration - a list of websites or domain elements that are prohibited from being loaded.
Easylist is already widely used by popular adblockers.
What to do?
Here in Clickadu we have developed a solution that bypasses both algorithms:
1. Make sure you're running an updated ad code with a built-in anti-crawler tool.
2. Keep watch for the updates in the Publisher's Self-Serve platform to switch codes. In case when the advertising domain gets into the Easylist you'll be informed via information notes and the email.
1. Make sure you're running safe advertising feed.
2. Keep watch for the updates in the Advertiser's Self-Serve platform to switch campaign URLs. In case when the campaign URL gets into the Easylist you'll be informed via information notes and the email.
3. Use 'Mass campaign URL changer' for switching campaign URLs.