Go to the ‘Create Campaign’ page (1) and choose ‘Video’ in Ad Format (2).
Next, you need to upload your video creative.
Please choose a video file (1) that is compliant with the technical specifications listed below. Take into account that a skip offset (2) (time after which a user can skip a video ad) is always 5 seconds. Afterward, press 'Next step' (3) to continue creating your campaign.
You can always access a list of requirements by clicking on a ‘?’ sign in the ‘Upload Your Video’ section.
Make sure your file meets the requirements listed above before uploading it.
This section is for pricing and budget planning. Here you can:
Choose a Pricing Model for your campaign (you can find more information about our pricing models here). Video Pre-Roll campaigns are available on CPC, SmartCPA, and CPM pricing models:
2. Set a Geo/Country of targeting and choose a Bid/Price (all relevant bids for different ad formats are available in ‘Traffic Inventory’ for registered users only)
If you are creating a multi-geo campaign, you can set a bid for each Geo by pushing the Add Another Rate (2) button (available only with CPM. If you are running a CPC or a SmartCPA campaign, you can choose only one geo).
What’s more, here you can choose a pre-set multi-country targeting by clicking on one of the settings shown on the screenshot below (3): ‘WW’ - for all available countries, ‘Europe’ - European countries only, ‘Asia’ - Asian countries, and so on.
You can enter the countries manually in the 'Countries' box (4). It's possible to add both full country names or two-letter abbreviations (IN, DE, US, etc.). You can add one country as well as two or more countries (multi-geo campaigns are available on the CPM pricing model only).
In the CPM field (5), you need to specify the desired CPM for your campaign. Please note the minimum CPM is different for different geos. You will see the minimum CPM after you add the country to the field (4) on the left.
Above the CPM box, you can click on any of the values (6) and target all the countries having this CPM as a minimum one (available on the CPM pricing model).
If you want to know about relevant bids, but you have not registered an account yet, you can contact our Support Team via live chat available in the bottom right corner of the page.
3. Set Frequency Capping for impressions and clicks. It refers to how many times (Frequency - times) your ad will be shown to the same user during a certain period (Capping - in hours). For example, 3/24 Frequency Capping for impressions means that a single user (when you choose the user-based frequency) will see your ad 3 times in a row within 24 hours;
What is more, you can select which type of 'Frequency' you would like to apply for your campaign's activity. You can see the three main types here:
(1) User-based frequency capping: it defines how often your ad will be displayed on a publisher's website to an individual user at a given time. It's based on cookie matching and set by default;
(2) Device-based frequency capping: it is based on how many times an ad will be shown to a user with a single unique device ID;
(3) IP-based frequency capping: here you can choose how many times an ad will be shown to a user(s) with the same IP.
You can read more about various types of Frequency Capping here.
4. Set your Daily Campaign Budget and Total Campaign Budget. Use these fields if you want your campaigns to stop after they have spent a certain amount of $$$.
The daily budget defines the limit your campaign can spend in a day. After the daily budget is reached, the campaign is paused until the beginning of the next day.
The total budget defines the limit your campaign can spend until it is stopped by the total amount. After the campaign reaches the total budget, it stops and does not resume working unless the total budget is increased.
If your campaign has stopped receiving traffic due to reaching the Daily Budget or Total Budget, you can either increase your campaign’s budget to restart it or leave these fields empty (they’re empty by default!);
5. Set a Test Budget and other test settings (only for SmartCPA and CPC pricing models).
In the testing period, various traffic sources are tested and certain zones that perform best on your offer are determined. The traffic used for this purpose is covered by the test budget (during the testing period, traffic is paid for on the CPM basis). The minimum test budget for CPC campaigns is $5, and for SmartCPA campaigns - $10.
The 'Test impression limit per zone' option will exclude zones that do not bring a single conversion/click after a certain number of impressions has been sent to it, from a campaign’s rotation. This will prevent you from buying unnecessary traffic that does not show good results with your offer.
You can learn more about the testing phase of CPC campaigns in this article, and the testing period of SmartCPA campaigns is described here.
Once you have saved or started your video campaigns, a video creative will be automatically uploaded and processed by our system. Kindly note that it may take some time for your video to be transcoded (usually no more than 10 minutes). You will receive an email when it has been processed by our system, which means that your Video Pre-Roll ad is ready to go.
Might be interesting: